Sunday, February 8, 2015

Piercing the Veil

I'm going to try and keep this post as short and to the point as possible. To bring everyone up to speed, last Sunday I published my CSM9 review blog. I Was careful not to say anything that anyone who knows anything about how the CSM really works would find surprising. Aside from focusing on the difficulties I personally had during CSM9's term, I made an attempt to focus on issues that were issues for the entire body, and left as much of my personal baggage out of it as possible. In keeping with my personal rule of not speaking for other members of CSM9, I kept the specific examples I used to things I had personally dealt with, though some context was obviously lost due to not mentioning a certain other issue that I had to deal with.

CCP Leeloo didn't like what I had to say, though since I had given her a heads up of what was coming 3 weeks in advance (basically a concurrence of a lot of the things Sion had to say) she can't have been shocked or surprised. As a result of her tweet, my blog post went to something that likely would have been read strictly by CSM enthusiasts and my own following (something like this is usually good for 2500-3000 hits), to something that generated over 13,000 hits in less than 2 days and a veritable shit storm covered on Eve websites, podcasts, and social media.

The message of my original blog was overshadowed by Leeloo and I slapping each other on the internet like a couple of high school kids, I felt bad, and apologized for my reaction.

Then Legacy of a Capsuleer came calling, and asked for an interview. I obliged. During that interview, I touched very briefly on an incident that had a lot of bearing on my term as a member of CSM, but because I didn't want to drag the whole CSM into this drama, I left a lot of specifics out and moved on quickly to other things. You can listen to that interview here.

Then on Thursday afternoon, Sion caught me on skype and provided a transcript of an article that was to be published the following day on TheMittani.com. I had to thank Sion for at least giving me more notice of his article going live than CCP gave us for a lot of planned changes to the game. After reading his article, I had to admit that it was a largely fair and factual accounting of what had happened this term.

I questioned the wisdom of breaking the "Code of Silence" with regards to inside drama, because if the lid cracks enough on the things that happened this year, I'd be concerned for a lot more dirty laundry getting aired than just mine. I'll be off the CSM in a few weeks, but some of these guys will presumably have to try and work together for another year. There's also the chance that I'll have to make some room in the dog house for him if there are internal issues that CCP takes on breaking this sort of story. Certainly, Xander is already up in arms.

Last night, after finishing up with a special music guest on our Eve Radio show, I went over the rest of the drama that everyone got to read about on TMC. I filled in some blanks, but had nothing to say to contradict anything he wrote. If you are a glutton for punishment, I'll link the soundcloud of that section of the show below. It includes a step by step accounting of this year's happenings from my perspective, and I answered some questions people had. I've told people that if there's any clarifications that are needed, feel free to hit me up on twitter, eve-mail or even in the blog comments below.
 



From here on out, there's really nothing left to say. If I have an issue worth commenting on before the end of the term, I'll make a post or tweet about it, otherwise, I'm looking forward to just talking about Eve in a couple of weeks. I'm really excited to talk about a couple new PVP fits I've been field testing, among other things.

5 comments:

  1. Too bad you interviewed with Legacy of a Capsuleer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They asked me to, and in all honesty, they asked some great questions and it came out well.

      Delete
    2. Anything with Shadowandlight on it has zero credibility

      Delete
    3. Don't know him personally, but I found him in this case to be incredibly professional.

      Delete
  2. I think Y'all jinxed CSM 9 after the logo change;

    from http://eve-online.info/uploads/csm9.png

    to the one above
    http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-8Ugxd8XKMdE/U2lSZwdmRxI/AAAAAAAAAYk/Rz9C83eVQBQ/s1600/csm9.jpg

    King James Bible Galatians 5:26

    Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another

    Have a good Sunday.

    Regards, a Freelancer

    ReplyDelete